September Vaudrey is a writer’s writer whose publishing credits include HarperCollins, Thomas Nelson, Zondervan, and Tyndale Momentum. She is the author or collaborator of eight books to date, including two for an international bestseller. She also has a knack for writing compelling book proposals that land deals for first-time authors. Her first book, Colors of Goodbye (Tyndale Momentum, 2016), was a 2017 finalist for Book of the Year: Biography & Memoir.
September is passionate about helping authors deliver their stories and ideas in honest, compelling language. Her experience includes memoir; personal essay; leadership books, videos, and curriculum; and self-help/relationship books. She works fast, is highly organized, and gets tremendous joy from helping new authors grow and succeed.
- Organizing the writing process so it’s smooth, clear, and enjoyable
- Building a strong outline and powerful story arc
- Capturing the author’s voice
- Editing (both developmental and line editing)
Knowledge & experience:
- Grief & loss
- Leadership studies
- Children & families affected by special needs
- Medicine (family medicine & ER—her husband is a physician)
- Marriage & parenting (including marital restoration)
- Homesteading, animals, & gardening
- Non-profit & faith-based stories and ideas
- Biography & memoir
- Crime & mystery stories
- Social justice and compassion, including LGBTQ+ memoir
September and her husband, Scott, live in Southern California. They’ve raised five grown children and have three grandchildren—and counting.
Books by this Author
Colors of Goodbye: A Memoir of Holding On, Letting Go, and Reclaiming Joy in the Wake of Loss (2016, Tyndale Momentum)Back to author page